Hello! Hope your Monday wasn’t too much of a Monday!
The theme of most weekly meal plans is simplicity. I don’t have the time or energy to make anything crazy or involved. I also need to make sure dinner can be done quickly and finished around 6 so the baby can get to sleep on time. And, of course, it has to be healthy and (usually) Paleo-ish. Or at least gluten-free.
So here’s what we’re having this week:
Monday: Pork lettuce wraps with corn on the cob and salad
- Pork shoulder made in the Instant Pot (you could easily make it in a slow-cooker, too)
- I cooked it for 75 minutes with 3/4 cup of water/broth mix, a tablespoon or so of honey, salt and pepper, plus I threw in a few extra spices. I went a little Asian-inspired.
- I put the corn, un-shucked, in the oven at 350º for 30 minutes. Comes out perfectly every time!
- Salad of choice
- We wrapped the pork in romaine. I put a bit of Trader Joe’s cabbage/carrot salad on top for some crunch.
Tuesday: Leftover pork with rice and sauteed veggies
- I use whatever veggies I have in the fridge and sautee them in some butter, or avocado oil, or coconut oil. This week I think will be rainbow chard, red pepper, and local summer squash.
Wednesday and Thursday:
- TBD (again). Something with chicken breasts.
If you’re wondering what I decided to make last week, I took chicken breasts and marinated them with some lemon juice, Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute, and olive oil. I cooked them in the oven until done and served it with sauteed veggies and sweet potato. We all loved it!