This week I went for super easy and very quick to make because I knew I was going to have so much work that I would have very little time for food.…
Apologies for the lack of menus! I had a sudden influx of work. Last week, we had quite a few recipes out of one of my favorite new cookbooks—Danielle Walker’s Eat What You Love. So far, we’ve enjoyed everything we’ve cooked out of it. I’m sorry that I’m unable to link to the recipes, however.…
On the Flurries of Flour Menu this week:
This week we’re doing a Meatless Monday (and Tuesday), and a roast chicken for the rest of the week because that’s what was in the freezer and I need the bones to make bone broth!
Monday/Tuesday: Breakfast Tacos for Dinner with Salad
- Scrambled eggs
- Roasted farmers market potatoes
- Green chile (first Hatch green chile of the year!)
- Farmers market peppers
- Corn tortillas/Siete foods tortillas
- Farmers market tomatoes
- Farmers market butter lettuce
- Farmers market plums
- Homemade vinaigrette with olive oil, farmer market shallots, and some type of vinegar (haven’t decided yet)
- Roast Chicken
- Roasted chicken the Bon Appetit way (the best way I’ve ever used of roasting chicken), roasted with:
- Farmers market red potatoes
- Sweet potatoes
- Not sure what type of salad I will make
- Fun Food Friday
I realized I never posted a menu last week! So here we have two for the price of one today!
Monday/Tuesday: Tostadas with Kale Salad …
On the menu this week:
Monday and Tuesday: Fish Tacos
Hello! Hope your Monday wasn’t too much of a Monday!
The theme of most weekly meal plans is simplicity. I don’t have the time or energy to make anything crazy or involved. I also need to make sure dinner can be done quickly and finished around 6 so the baby can get to sleep on time. And, of course, it has to be healthy and (usually) Paleo-ish. Or at least gluten-free.
So here’s what we’re having this week:
Here’s our menu for the week of July 9th to the 13th, 2018 (links to recipe provided when available):
- Turkey Burger Rice Bowls
- Applegate Farms frozen turkey burgers
- Rice, soaked for half an hour and rinsed until water runs clear
- Fire-roasted corn, peas, broccoli florets, organic spinach, sauteed in coconut oil and then steamed with a little water so the broccoli florets would be soft enough for the little, tossed with some salt, pepper, and random seasoning from the pantry
- Organic Caesar salad
- Eggplant parmesan: no recipe, just making it up as I go. We’ll see how it turns out.
- I’m using gluten-free breadcrumbs.
- Leftover eggplant parmesan
- Sauteed veggies—whatever is in the fridge
- Thursday leftovers.